The main research topic of the laboratory:
Investigation of the impact of biotic and abiotic factors on plant growth and development
- chemical and biochemical analysis of plant and soil
- chemical and biochemical analysis of elemental and organic composition of plant organs and tissues
- analysis of the composition of plant products
- analysis of the results of the effect of physiological (chemical) compounds on the stages of plant growth and development
- creating a system of spectral analysis of soil composition
- equipment for the analysis of the elemental composition of the soil
- equipment for the analysis of the organic composition of the soil
Research is carried out on the system of interrelation between plant and soil. For this purpose, research is carried out on the issues of selection and maintenance technologies of the plant in accordance with the composition of the soil.
Plants suitable for soil conditions are selected. Care technologies are developed for selected plants. For selected soil conditions, the norms of fertilization and irrigation are developed. The composition of the soil is analyzed according to the reported proposal, application or state of development of plants. On the basis of the finished flesh (diagnosis), suggestions and recommendations are made to prevent changes in the soil.
On the basis of chemical, biochemical and physiologic analysis of plant tissues, the condition of soils is assessed or the time and duration of fertilization with macro – and micoelements are developed, which are given to the soil.
A diagnostic map of the composition and condition of the soil is developed, which is presented to the producers. On the basis of this diagnostic map, the plant selection, recommendation, care, yield indicators are divided into relevant data. On the basis of chemical and biochemical analysis of plant tissues, opportunities arise to create quality products.
Biotechnology of plants
Based on the conducted biotechnological research, plants that are suitable for soil-climatic conditions are selected or multiplied on the basis of microclonal methods. Biological and physiological characteristics of plant growth and development in vitro conditions are studied.
Plant protection laboratory Laboratory of selection and seed production (cotton seed, grain seed, vegetable and melons seed)
Create new varieties of agricultural crops that are resistant to biotic and abiotic factors, have a complex of valuable agricultural character,
Creation of new varieties and hybrids of fruit and vegetable crops and their seeds,
To examine the genomics of agricultural crops for improvement of existing methods in the creation of new varieties and their use in practical selection,
To examine the diversity of genetic resources of plants in order to improve the quality of agricultural crops grown,
To examine the phylogenetic relationship of species in the world gene pool,
Development of bio-and agrobiodiversity development strategies.
The study of the genetics of morphological-marker and structural signs of plants and the organization of training courses for employees of manufacturing enterprises.
Genbank of plants
In Genbank, samples of germplasms of plants and the results of biotechnological research are preserved. Germplasms consist of samples collected from varieties suitable for conditions of agricultural plants, selected plants (rare and endangered, dorivor, descendants of agricultural plants, introduced from the outside and other plants targeted)during expeditions.
The materials available at GenBank are updated within the appropriate timeframe. The available materials will be used in research on the creation of varieties of agricultural plants.
– the system of determination of genetic diversity of agricultural plants, medicinal and technical plants, microorganisms and fungi, as well as insects using genomic and bioinformatic methods according to the composition and properties of nucleic acids is established.
– based on molecular markers, the creation of varieties that are safe for the environment and man, resistant to pests and diseases, suitable for soil and climatic conditions, and the introduction of research results into the production of slab, with the help of modern genetic and cell engineering, genetic and vertual selection.
- certification of plants and plant products subject to genetic modification on the basis of genetic analysis and coordination with laboratories conducting research in these areas.
– establishing significant international relations in the fields of plant genomics and bioinformatics research, establishing cooperation with higher education and scientific institutions on the Republican and international level in the areas of training and professional development of personnel.